Saturday, October 31, 2009

Jay-Z answers Beanie Sigel



Jay-Z answers Beanie Sigel from la rue du hiphop.com on Vimeo.

So, yeah, I know, this happened yesterday and it hit the web last night. In fact, the good guy Splash sent it over but I didn’t see it ’til this morning. Why? Because I’m in full Halloween crisis mode. Who knew how hard it was to find a little lycra-spandex in this damn city?

Anyways….Jay-Z addresses Beanie Sigel’s “What They Talkin’ Bout” gripe: “Beanie had a record deal, a record label, a clothing line, and never went platinum. I dont know, in the history of rap, anyone who’s done so much with so little. So I dont know what more you can do for a person at that point…if that’s not pushing a person, s–t!”

But my favorite part was from the interviewer: “Let’s stay in the complaining zone…”
LOL!

But as for the actual Beanie vs Jay-Z debate: it seems that these men are talking at each other but looking in different directions. Hov’s response is not quite about the things Beans mentions in the interview. Meanwhile Beans is griping at Hov without itemizing his own liability.